: We have updated a few things. Glovius for iOS
& Glovius for Android
apps are now free. You can register an account on Glovius Cloud
SolidWorks is one of the most popular 3D CAD software in the market today. Using Glovius for iOS & Android, you can now showcase SolidWorks models on iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android devices. Here’s how :-
Transfer models using Glovius Cloud
- Get the Glovius app from the App Store or Google Play market.
- Create an account at Glovius Cloud and translate your models to the mobile optimized format
- Login to your account from within the Glovius app, and download your models.
That’s it! With these simple steps, you can now showcase SolidWorks models on the go. Zoom/Pan/Rotate using the intuitive touch interface. Take sections, save & email snapshots. For assemblies, view the product structure and hide/show components using the component tree.
The full feature Glovius app is available for $9.99. Glovius apps are now available for free.
Both SolidWorks parts (*.sldprt) and assemblies (*.sldasm) are supported. Glovius Cloud supports other popular formats that can be easily exported from SolidWorks, including STEP, IGES, 3DS, OBJ & STL.
To upload SolidWorks assemblies, zip all the files, and name the zip file as the main assembly file. For example, if your main assembly file’s name is car.sldasm, create a zip file containing all the parts and assemblies, and name the zip file as car.sldasm.zip.
Transfer models using Glovius for Windows
You can also transfer models using Glovius for Windows & iTunes.
- Download Glovius for Windows.
- Open SolidWorks models in Glovius and click on Export on the ribbon bar. Save the .glovius file.
- Connect your iPad/iPhone/Android device and transfer .glovius files using iTunes. Please refer https://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094 support article for more details.
A free 15-day trial can be downloaded from https://www.glovius.com/downloads/. To purchase Glovius, please visit the online store.
For any queries/suggestions, drop me an email at email@example.com
Posted by Siddhartha Oza, Product Manager for Glovius