We had earlier highlighted on the benefits of visually highlighting the changes to different versions of 3D CAD files. The ability to visually check, compare and identify the changes helps you save lots of time and enables faster collaboration.
Glovius had the ability to compare 3D CAD versions and the ability to compare CATDrawing files. Now, with the latest release of Glovius, you can now compare DWG and DXF 2D drawing files as well. The visual comparison of CAD models and drawings are easy to spot even for the novice users and as the solution is automatic, it saves enormous amounts of time if done manually. Our users have reported a minimum of 10X increase in the speed of comparing and verifying the 2D drawing revisions.
Here are the steps to compare 2D drawing files :
- Start Glovius 2D Viewer ( Download Glovius from this link )
- Hit on ‘Compare’ button
- In the ‘Compare’ dialog, input the two versions of the drawing files to be compared and Compare !
The results are computed and shown with the following colors applied :
- New views, dimensions or PMI information is shown in blue color
- Removed Views, dimensions and PMI’s are shown in red color
- All unchanged drawing elements are shown in default color
Download Glovius today and say no to manual 2D and 3D comparisons !