SolidWorks is one of the most popular 3D CAD software in the market today. Using Glovius for iOS & Android, you can now showcase SolidWorks models on iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android devices. Here’s how :-
Transfer models using Babel3D.com
- Get the Glovius app from the App Store or Google Play market.
- Create an account at Babel3D.com and translate your models to the mobile optimized format
- Login to your Babel3D account from within the Glovius app, and download your models.
That’s it! With these simple steps, you can now showcase SolidWorks models on the go. Zoom/Pan/Rotate using the intuitive touch interface. Take sections, save & email snapshots. For assemblies, view the product structure and hide/show components using the component tree.
The full feature Glovius app is available for $9.99. Glovius apps are now available for free. Glovius Lite is a free version of the app.
Both SolidWorks parts (*.sldprt) and assemblies (*.sldasm) are supported. Babel3D supports other popular formats that can be easily exported from SolidWorks, including STEP, IGES, 3DS, OBJ & STL.
To upload SolidWorks assemblies, zip all the files, and name the zip file as the main assembly file. For example, if your main assembly file’s name is car.sldasm, create a zip file containing all the parts and assemblies, and name the zip file as car.sldasm.zip.
Transfer models using Glovius for Windows
You can also transfer models using Glovius for Windows & iTunes.
- Download Glovius for Windows and the SolidWorks importer add-on.
- Open SolidWorks models in Glovius and click on Export on the ribbon bar. Save the .glovius file.
- Connect your iPad/iPhone/Android device and transfer .glovius files using iTunes. Please refer https://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094 support article for more details.
Glovius for Windows is a free JT viewer with an extensible and customizable architecture. The SolidWorks Viewer Bundle for Glovius is available for $295. A free 15-day trial can be downloaded from https://www.glovius.com/downloads/. To purchase Glovius SolidWorks Viewer, please visit the online store.
For any queries/suggestions, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Cross posted from the Babel3D blog)